Hamburg, June 26, 2019 – Björn Lander, President and Head of Business Area OCP (Online Comparison Platforms) as well as, Joakim Lundqvist, CFO OCP, will be leaving Bauer to start a new chapter in their careers. Effective 1 September 2019, Björn Lander will be succeeded by Shafi Saxena who joins Bauer from outside the business. A new CFO will be announced in due course.
Background Information and Facts
· Björn and Joakim joined the Zmarta OCP as CEO and CFO in 2013. Bauer Media Group acquired the business in 2016.
· Accomplishments: Björn and Joakim have grown Zmarta into one of the market leading OCP companies in the Nordics, and founded the Business Area OCP at Bauer, now one of the largest OCP businesses.
· Shafi will join Bauer on 1st August to ensure a smooth and effective transition.
· About Shafi Saxena: Shafi has a passion for connecting people to purpose and ideas to products. She joins Bauer from Silicon Valley, USA, where she has most lately been working as a strategic consultant focusing on new pathways for business growth. She has been an entrepreneur and a senior business leader across industries (among others Microsoft, Unilever, PepsiCo) and continents. She has strong customer orientation and has developed leading consumer and tech brands around the world.
· Additional staff updates:
o Effective 1 October, Agnieszka Anielska (Head of New Business Development OCP) will take over the role of CFO for the OCP Business Area on an interim basis.
Björn Lander: “We have an ambitious vision for the future of OCP here at Bauer, one of growth and market leadership, and as we move into this next phase, I feel like this is the right time for me to hand over to a new leader and return to where my heart lies – founding new ventures. I am truly grateful to Bauer for some of the most interesting, exciting and rewarding years in my career so far. I shall watch with interest as the company’s OCP business grows from success to success”.
Veit Dengler, Bauer COO, on Björn Lander: “We owe Björn a huge debt of gratitude. He has been the driving force behind our thriving OCP business, and we shall miss his energy, vision and dynamism. We wish him all the very best in his next endeavors”.
Veit Dengler, Bauer COO, on Shafi Saxena: “Based on her strong management skills, coupled with her impressive track record and dynamic personality, we have every confidence Shafi is an excellent fit for this role, and is best placed to further develop our OCP business in existing and new markets. We look forward to welcoming her to the Bauer family”.
Shafi Saxena: “It is with great pride, humility and excitement that I look forward to joining Bauer, and leading the OCP team to fulfil its ambition to be market leaders wherever we operate.”
Harald Jessen, Bauer CFO, on Joakim Lundqvist: “We will miss Joakim’s great spirit, his financial expertise and business acumen. Nevertheless, we understand and accept his decision to continue his career without Bauer, as Joakim’s heart calls for a change back to his roots – building new businesses. We wish him all the best and thank Agnieszka for taking over this challenging role on an interims basis”.